Thursday, February 5, 2009

A busy week at school in Week 2

We have had a fantastic week at school, working really hard.
One of the most important things that we have done is decide on the guidlines for our class for the year. We made a class treaty.

We have spent some time researching our own cultures and we have found out that we have people in our class who are from America, England, Greece, Sri Lanka, France, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Korea, Italy, India and of course, AUSTRALIA.
We have been busy making CULTURE CD's.


Mrs. M is getting to know us because we made these movie strips about ourselves.


We also wrote I AM poems.


We have also made some amazing dragons. Here is a slide show of our art.


This is what we have we think and know about culture so far, in our learning:
Brianna - I know that I am the great, great, granddaughter of a Cornish miner.
I think culture is what people do together and what makes them happy together.
Claudia- I think culture is one nation. I learnt that some people come from another culture but
when they come to a new nation they are part of that nation.
Ruby- I think culture is what you take everywhere with you. I have learnt that in my Greek
culture that they stick real money on the bride and groom at a wedding.
Eliza- I think culture is all different people belonging to one group.
Tasnim - Culture is about what you eat, your language and what you do.
Danish - Culture is when everyone has a feast together.

No comments: